To The Hotel Zags from PDX
The conference hotel is 13 miles from Portland International Airport.
MAX (lightrail): Approximately 45 minutes from PDX to downtown. $2.50 each way.
- If you prefer a straight shot from PDX to downtown, with a short uphill walk to the hotel, take the Red Line to the South Pioneer Square station, then travel southwest on SW 6th street, to 6th and Clay.
- If you prefer a shorter walk and don’t mind changing trains, catch the Red Line at PDX, change to the Green Line at Gateway Station, and get off at the City Hall/SW Fifth and Jefferson Station.
- PDX Ground Transportation
To The Hotel Zags from I-5
To get to the conference hotel from the freeway:
From I-5 North
- Take exit 299B on the left for Interstate 405 N toward U.S. 26 W/City Center (0.2 mi.)
- Use the left two lanes to turn slightly left (signs for Naito Parkway, Japanese-American Historical Plaza/ S Waterfront/ City Center; 0.4 mi.)
- Continue onto SW Harbor Drive (0.3 mi.)
- Continue onto SW Clay Street (0.3 mi.)
From I-5 South
- Use the lane second from the left to keep left at the fork, continue on I-405 N, and follow signs for City Center/ Beaverton/ Interstate 405
- Take exit 1B for 4th Avenue, (0.2 mi.)
- Continue on SW 4th Ave. Drive to SW Clay St (0.4 mi.)
- Turn left onto SW Clay Street (348 ft.)
- Destination will be on the left
Getting around Portland
- Hoofing it in downtown: It’s worth mentioning that blocks in Portland are about half the size of those in East Coast cities.
- TriMet Trip Planner and HopPass information
- Maps and Schedules for MAX (light rail), buses and streetcar
- Streetcar – Catch the streetcar from the Portland State Urban Center at 6th and Mill.
- Bike and Walk maps. Ask at the hotel about complimentary cruiser bikes.
- Portland City Center map
- If you need a taxi, you’ll want to call one; it’s rare to find one you can just flag down.