All SIGDOC members are invited to our annual open business meeting.
- Tuesday, October 6, 10:30am-12:00pm Central Time (U.S. & Canada)
- Held via Zoom (link sent separately to SIGDOC registrants)
|Overview of agenda and introductions||Getting (re)acquainted||Dan Richards|
|Financial and membership updates||Report||Susan Youngblood & Dan Richards|
|Communication, Website, Social Media & Accessibility updates||Report and Discussion||Adam Strantz, Luke Thominet, Jason Tham & Sean Zdenek|
|CDQ update and strategy||Report||Derek Ross|
|Conference 2020: Acknowledgments, processes, and lessons learned||Discussion||Stacey Pigg & Conference Committee|
|New budget line for justice-centered projects*||Discussion||Dan Richards & Executive Committee|
|SIGDOC 2021||Discussion||Sarah Read|
* From SIGDOC’s response to injustice:
Investing. We are dedicating funds to support justice-centered and anti-racist work:
- Immediate: We are focusing the two 2020-2021 Career Advancement Research Grants ($2,400 total) to specifically fund projects that actively work to dismantle systemic injustices or create new visions of equity and justice. The CFP will be released in October at the 2020 SIGDOC Conference, with a submission deadline of November 30th.
- Sustainable: We are allocating a permanent annual budgetary line item of $2,000 dedicated to supporting justice-centered initiatives in the design of communication. This line item will support the organization to purposefully dedicate resources of the organization to do justice-centered work. We will convene a session at the 2020 SIGDOC Conference to gather input from members to discuss how to use these funds.