SIGDOC 2019: “Broadening the Boundaries of Communication Design”
October 4 – 6, 2019 at Portland State University in Portland, OR
Join us in Portland to discuss communication design and this year’s theme Broadening the Boundaries of Communication Design.
We are a gathering of academics, practitioners, and members of the community interested in designing communication.
Whether you are presenting at the conference or simply joining us to participate click here to register, we look forward to your thoughts and ideas on the following areas of interest:
- User experience, experience architecture, user-centered and activity-centered design, participatory design, contextual design, and usability studies
- Communication design deliverables and process, including information design, information architecture, and user assistance
- Project management and content strategy as it relates to communication design projects
- Mixed, qualitative, and quantitative studies of how communications are designed and used
Why Attend SIGDOC?
SIGDOC is a lively, productive conference for sharing insights about the present and future of design of communication. Professionals and researchers at the cutting edge of practice and theory come together in the conference of the Special Interest Group on Design of Communication (SIGDOC) to discuss topics such as information design, user experience, content creation, and documentation.
- Attend one of four hands-on workshops on cutting edge topics in design and research.
- Experience two keynote talks from leaders in the field discussing diversity and inclusion in the tech industry and broadening the boundaries of design.
- Choose from over 23 panels and presentations.
- Have access to the published proceedings highlighting the latest academic and industry research in communication design.
- Connect with other professionals and academic researchers from across the world.
Attendees can choose to attend 1-day for a reduced rate or 2-days for the entire conference. Join us at Portland State University on Oct 4-6!
- January 1, 2019, Submissions open
- Feb 1, 2019 11:59pm PST: Proposals due
- February 25, 2019 11:59pm PST: Notification of acceptance
- April 19, 2019 11:59pm PST: Drafts due
- May 22, 2019 11:59pm PST: Reviews returned
- July 1, 2019 11:59pm PST: Final papers and extended abstracts due
- August 1, 2019: Registration Opens
- September 10, 2019: Early Registration Ends
- October 4-6: SIGDOC 2019 Conference