This year’s conference will take place outside Washington, DC in Sliver Spring, Maryland, September 23-24, 2016. The conference venue and hotels are conveniently located off the Red Line of the Washington Metro.
Lodging and Hotel Information
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
8777 Georgia Avenue.
Silver Spring, MD 20910, United States
Phone: (1)(301) 589-0800
Newly renovated in the heart of downtown, the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel is steps away from a number of shops, restaurants, and corporate and government offices in this charming district. Our conference hotel is close to the WMATA Silver Spring station, providing quick access to the Washington, D.C. area’s well-known landmarks and museums.
Special SIGDOC room rate available until September 6, 2016. Reservations available now. SIGDOC rates are only available online for the dates of the 22nd through the 24th. If you want additional dates at the conference rate, you will need to call the hotel at (1)(301) 589-0800,
Should the Sheraton not fit your needs, there are other hotels located within a short distance.
- Marriott Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Silver Spring
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC – Silver Spring
Silver Springs is serviced by three major airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport(airport code: DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (airport code: IAD) and Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (airport code: BWI). Each will have advantages depending on your travel preferences after you arrive.
- DCA Ronald Reagan National Airport is the best location for using public transportation. Use the Metro Blue or Yellow Lines to transfer to the Metro Red Line for Silver Springs station. Drive time between DCA and the conference hotel averages between 35 and 90 minutes depending upon traffic.
- BWI Baltimore Washington International is the usually the best option for renting a car or using a service such as Super Shuttle. Drive time between BWI and the conference hotel averages between 40-50 minutes depending upon traffic. There are two public transportation options form BWI:
- BWI MARC Train information. Take the MARC train to Union Station where you can catch the Metro Red Line.
- Take the BWI Express/B30 bus to the Greenbelt Metro Station, transfer to the Metro Green Line, and then to the the Red Line for Silver Springs station.
- IAD Dulles International. Drive time between IAD and the conference hotel averages between 40 minutes and 2 hours depending upon traffic. For public transportation, take the 5A Metro bus to the Metro Green or Blue Lines, and then transfer to the Metro Red Line for forSilver Springs station.
- DC Metro Trip Planner (for WMATA Metro trains and buses)
Washinton, DC is serviced by Amtrak rail. Once you arrive at Union Station, catch the Metro Red Line for Silver Springs station.