Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The purpose of the SIGDOC Undergraduate Scholarship is to assist a student who is pursuing a degree in an established degree program in an area related to the design of communication. One non-renewable scholarship of $500 is granted toward school tuition and expenses. The award is paid directly to the school for crediting to the student’s account.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet these criteria:
- Studying technical or professional communication as a major subject area, with the intention of a career in communication design. Journalism, creative writing, or film production, as examples, are not appropriate programs.
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student for the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Completed at least one year of post-secondary education.
- Have at least one full year of academic work remaining to complete their degree programs.
Students do not have to be SIGDOC members to apply, but the winning applicant must join before the scholarship will be awarded. To be considered for the program, submit proposals for consideration by the Undergraduate Scholarship Chair. Be sure to provide the following information (no materials will be returned):
- Application form (Word format)
- Letter of recommendation by a technical/professional communication faculty member
- Portfolio sample, not to exceed 5 pages
- 500 word statement of career goals
- Official transcript